Today I’m joining Simon Says Stamp again as the Designer in the Spotlight of the SSS Wednesday Challenge.
I hope you’ll be inspired by my work! Now let’s get crafty…
This week’s theme is ‘Add a Number’. My niece’s son turned one last week, so I had the perfect occasion to create a birthday card. A first birthday is always special, so I wanted a little bit of extra for this card: a card with a shaker area! I will try to explain the different steps in this blogpost.
Before I chose the colors of my card, I went through my embellishments to see what I wanted to use for my shaker. I chose ‘Little Things From Lucy’s – Stargazing‘. A lot of purples and blues, so that was gonna be my color scheme for this card.
Before I started watercoloring with my Zigs, I also stamped my sentiment on the card panel with Versafine Onyx Black ink. A simple ‘happy birthday’ out of Lawn Fawn’s – Simply Sentiments set. I use this set ALL the time! I then adhered a piece of acetate on the back of that circle piece.
The colors I used are listed below:
- Numbers: Persian Blue and Light Violet
- Bunny: Oatmeal, Beige, Light Carmine, Wine Red
- Gifts: Wine Red, Yellow Green
For the background of my shaker card, I used a piece of light blue paper (don’t know the name of it) and inked over it with Distress Oxide – Blueprint Sketch and the Altenew – Feeling Dotty stencil. This gave the background a bit more interest.
Time to assemble everything!
- On the back of my card panel: I doubled up the foam tape and traced the cut out circle with it
- I put lots of foam tape on the other parts of that card panel.
- I took my Anti Static Powder tool and went over the foam tape in circle shape to remove any stickiness. Didn’t want my sequins to get stuck on the tape…
- Placed a bit of sequins in the shaker area.
- I took my background and placed it on my card panel.
- Shaker area = done!
After that, I adhered everything on a card base which was 10×7. Finished!
Hope you love my card! See you again next week!
I hope I gave you some inspiration to make someone’s heart happy.
Love, Jarle x
You can win a 50$ gift voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store. Just create a card in this week’s challenge theme and submit it on their challenge website!
Have fun creating!